[Kotahi] PRC workflows and supporting editor-author feedback loops

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:21:15 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I hope you've all had a good week.

The publish, review, curate (PRC) preprint review workflow requires that
the editorial team shares individual reviews or a summary report with the
author. The author should have the opportunity to not only update their
manuscript content but also submit a formal response regarding changes
implemented.

This week we have started conceptual work on a new form field type. System
administrators will be able to select and add a 'threaded discussion' form
field to a Review and/or Decision form. This will allow a reviewer to share
an individual review, or an editor to share a summary report and leave the
opportunity for author response.

[image: Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 14.30.01.png]
Image above | Threaded discussion, view of author response screen.

Editors will be able to QA (edit) reviews/responses on behalf of the
reviewer/author. As a handling editor, you'll have the ability to publish
review summaries and author responses separately.

We're still in the process of refining the specifications for this feature
and welcome your feedback.

Have a great weekend.
--
*Ryan*