[Kotahi] Supporting editorial team engagement

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 00:54:44 PST 2022

Hi there,

This week we released enhancements to the chat (discussion) function in
Kotahi in support of the following use cases;

   - Improve the quality of synchronous and asynchronous engagement through
   the use of enhanced text styling/formatting and video chat capabilities.
   - Support Curator triage and selection of preprints for review (in the
   case of a PRC workflow) through the use of an Admin discussion panel added
   to the Manuscripts page (see screenshot below);

[image: Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 10.37.34.png]
*New discussion features;*

   1. A simple Wax <https://waxjs.net/> editor; supporting styling,
   formatting, Math, tables, lists special characters etc. added to the
   Editorial and Admin discussion panels.
   2. A link to video chat within the Admin and Editorial discussion
   panels.
   3. A collapsable Admin discussion viewport.

Please don't forget to complete the poll
<https://doodle.com/poll/zzu7gxbc83ztynpd?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link>
to schedule a suitable time for our next community meeting.

Have a great weekend.

--
*Ryan*

Ryan Dix-Peek