[Kotahi] Creating valid JATS XML in the Production editor

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:27:40 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update today. This week focused on a number of bug fixes and
performance improvements.

We started planning for the inclusion XML Document Type Declaration,
commonly known as 'DTD'. DTDs check the validity of, structure and
vocabulary of an XML document against the grammatical rules of the
appropriate XML language. In this case, we're validating JATS XML (Journal
Article Tagging Suite).

We will start with a lightweight XML validator and then we'll move towards
a solution that provides inline feedback for Production teams who may
require correction when incorrectly applying annotations in the Wax
Production editor.

[image: Screenshot 2022-04-08 at 12.59.21.png]
Image above | The Wax Production editor where annotations (tagging)
corrections will appear inline.

Have a great weekend!

--
*Ryan*