[Kotahi] Export print-ready PDFs from Kotahi

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 05:52:39 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

This week we release we released an integration of Pagedjs
<https://pagedjs.org/> in support of Amnet Systems' goals. You can now
export print-ready PDFs from the Wax Production editor with a single click.

Word comments imported into Kotahi are converted to HTML using XSweet
<https://xsweet.org/> pipelines. Content is edited in the Wax
<https://waxjs.net/> word processor, with the option to export as PDF, JATS
XML and HTML in the Production editor.

Manuscript metadata such as title, abstract, author names, date accepted,
date released, corresponding author email address etc. are captured in the
submission form and made available to Pagedjs via graphql. A graphql
endpoint also provides the CSS used to style the PDF. For now, each
instance will utilise a single stylesheet. In the future, when
exploring multitenant workflows we'll incorporate support for multiple
stylesheets.

[image: pagedjs_download_pdf.png]
Image above | Wax Production editor interface with the option to download a
print-ready PDF.

[image: pagedjs_css_template_example.png]
Image above | PDF example.

Have a great weekend.

--
*Ryan*