[Kotahi] 'Successfully published' notifications added to the Control panel

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 10:51:11 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

This week we included external system status feedback in the Control panel
when publishing articles to an endpoint e.g. a static website (Flax),
Crossref, Hypothesis etc.

[image: crossref_pub_pass.png]

With the example of Crossref, we can display errors related to;
- Server configuration e.g. Publishing to Crossref failed: Unrecognised DOI
prefix "http://examplebrokendoiprefix"
- Submission form misconfiguration e.g. 'Publishing to Crossref failed:
Manuscript has no title'
- User error e.g. 'Publishing to Crossref failed: Issue year "1234" does
not appear to be a valid year'
- System bugs e.g. 'Publishing to Crossref failed: Manuscript has no
submission object'

[image: Crossref_pub_fail.png]

These notifications support the Editors, providing reassurance that
publishing to a given endpoint has been successful and useful context in
the event the post is unsuccessful.

Have a great weekend!

--
*Ryan*