[Kotahi] admin: welcome to Gabriel Stein and Sugeng Pondang Sugiharto

Gabe Stein gabe at pubpub.org
Wed Jul 14 13:23:34 PDT 2021

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm the head of Product and Operations at the Knowledge Futures
Group, makers of PubPub, among other knowledge infrastructure. We're in a
bit of an odd position where we're currently building some submission and
review features into PubPub that may overlap with Kotahi, and
simultaneously working with some potential Kotahi users who want to use
PubPub for their versions of record. So, I'm here to share ideas, learn,
and get a head start on thinking about potential integrations.

My personal view is that the open science (and open source science infra)
movement has a unique opportunity to help communities of practice redefine
what review — and in a larger sense, contribution to the knowledge record —
is from first principles. Realizing that opportunity at scale is going to
require forming an ecosystem of many communities, models, platforms, etc.
I'm excited about the role Kotahi is already playing in building that
ecosystem, and eager to share insights, collaborate and integrate where
possible, and generally be part of the miasma.

Gabe

--
Gabriel Stein
Head of Operations and Product, Knowledge Futures
gabe at knowledgefutures.org / gabe at pubpub.org
@gabestein <https://twitter.com/gabestein>
917-745-6904
---
Get PubPub help, share tips and best practices, and connect with the PubPub
community on our new GitHub forum
<https://github.com/pubpub/pubpub/discussions>.