[Kotahi] dev updates

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:42:33 PDT 2021

I hope everyone's had a good week? This week Hannah Drury and I presented a
Kotahi MVP to the NCRC team.  We had a lot of positive feedback regarding
the import of articles from bioRxiv & Pubmed. and in particular, features
and functionality in support of triage. The NCRC wireframes I shared last
week are now all developed and deployed to a production instance of Kotahi.

This week we released enhancements to the Peer Review process on the CoLab
instance, and so far it's looking good;
[image: Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 16.20.05.png]

Features reference; this is the Control view, a page where Editors are able
to review manuscripts, metadata, assign editors/reviewers, make decisions,
publish and chat.

   1. Reviewers now have the option to choose whether or not they would
   like their review feedback shared publicly. This choice is actioned via a
   checkbox on the Peer Review form and is visualised through the use of a
   share icon - so the review above can be shared publicly.
   2. Editors have the option to easily 'Hide review *from* author' when
   publishing a review.
   3. Similarly, editors have the option to easily 'Hide review name' when
   publishing a review.

Work on an email notification system started in earnest this week. I should
be able to start reporting on features delivered to the community here as
well next week.

Have a great weekend all.

Regards,

--