[Kotahi] Kotahi update

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri May 6 03:30:45 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on leave for the last couple of weeks so there has been a gap in
communication, but I can assure you we’ve been busy :)

We’ve progressed with work on the Object store for the conversion, resizing
and management of image files. We’re also updating our automated tests for
both the traditional publishing and PRC workflows.

Due to our high development churn over the last 5 months, we’ve felt the
need to stop and take stock of the overall look, feel, usability and user
experience of Kotahi. This has resulted in new atomic designs and
integration with Storybook for better alignment between component design
and code. You'll see the updated designs soon.

[image: Atomic-Kothai-Example.jpg]

Image above | An example of Kotahi's new atomic designs.

We're discussing support for the bulk upload of reviewers (new users) into
the system, and subsequent notifications that can invite
prospective reviewers to participate in a peer review cycle. This also
involves considering automated peer reviewer 'reminder' notifications as
well.

This week Dan presented at the JATS Conference 2022. Outlining how Kotahi
supports production workflows, and how the Wax editor handles tagging and
export of valid JATS. Here are the presentation notes;
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK579686/ - it's a great synopsis.

I wish everyone a good weekend further.

--
*Ryan*