[Kotahi] Kotahi Community Meet | Lets talk PRC workflows

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 00:46:53 PST 2022

Hi there,

Happy new year, wishing you all the best for 2022!

Last year we released 3 instances of Kotahi into production;

- eLife (PRC workflow)

- Aperture Neuro (traditional journal workflow)

- NCRC (PRC workflow)

We built a Production editor using Wax <https://waxjs.net/>, which exports
JATS XML & print-ready PDFs (using Pagedjs <https://www.pagedjs.org/>)

We implemented a communication system (chat, video and email notifications)
and introduced various publishing endpoints;

- a static website builder in Flax <https://coko.foundation/products.html>

- Spreadsheets

- Hypothes.is

- registering article and peer review DOIs with Crossref

We’ve received a lot of interest in Kotahi in support of a traditional
workflow. More recently we’ve seen a surge in interest in support of a PRC
workflow. As we plan for the year ahead we thought we’d take the
opportunity for this group to meet and reflect on the PRC workflow and the
use cases we may wish to consider in our Roadmap.

If you’re keen to participate please complete the meeting poll;
https://doodle.com/poll/vivtv52bnsdtq3y2?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

I’ll follow up with the meeting details next week.

Thanks,

--
*Ryan*

Ryan Dix-Peek