[Kotahi] Export JATS XML from Wax word processor

adam adam at coko.foundation
Fri Nov 5 18:42:01 PDT 2021

so folks... this is sorta big news... we have a very simple mechanism to
export JATS from Kotahi. It means either of these scenarios are possible:
1. small DIY journals can use this very simple tool to create JATS
themselves without any knowledge of JATS
2. larger journals with internal production staff can use this tool and
be part of the entire flow as the tool is integrated into Kotahi (and
not separate external tooling)
3. vendors can use this tool and be 'in the system' as opposed to being
outside of the system...this offers more transparency into the process

The tool also offers some other interesting possibilities... given that
Kotahi can be configured in a myriad of ways it is very possible to
configure Kotahi so that it could be a production management tool for
journals with *existing manuscript submission technology*. It could, for
example, be used for production management in conjunction with OJS,
Janeway etc

Coko designed this approach to creating JATS and it was built by Coko in
collaboration with our friends from Amnet.

Still some work to be done (always!) but it is pretty cool...If you
would like to know more drop me a line :)

adam