[Kotahi] Email notifications added to control panel

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:25:03 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,

This week we introduced the ability to send customised email notifications
from the control panel.

The Biophysics-Colab team wanted to reach out to authors notifying them
that an article they have published is being considered for peer review. In
support of this request, the notification subsystem will store email
templates, offering editors/system administrators the option to select an
email notification template and designate a receiver.

[image: Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 11.33.01.png]
*Select a template, select a receiver and click 'Notify'.*

If the user is not yet registered in the system an email containing a
special link (token) will pair the new user with the manuscript upon log in
to Kotahi. Notifications sent from the system will be recorded and
displayed as log entries in the control panel 'Editorial discussion' chat
window.

[image: Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 11.30.34.png]
*Send notification even if the user is not registered in the system. *

Again, we've designed this solution to be as flexible as possible to suit
as many of our current use cases as possible.

Wishing the community a great weekend!

--
*Ryan*

Ryan Dix-Peek