[Kotahi] dev updates

Ryan Dix-Peek ryan.dixpeek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 07:27:48 PDT 2021

Hi all,

*Weekly update | 28 June - 4 July 2021*

We have 4 separate projects on the go which are all adding features and
functionality to the Kotahi repo;

   1. *eLife* instance; capturing preprint evaluations (reviews) and
   publishing to bioRxiv via Crossref and Hypothesis APIs.
   2. *Novel Coronavirus Research Compendium* (NCRC) instance; triage, peer
   review of preprints focused on Covid 19 research articles imported from
   bioRxiv and Pubmed servers, published to a spreadsheet.
   3. *Biophysics Colab* (CoLab) instance; handles the import, triage, peer
   review and publishing of preprint reviews to Kotahi's native publishing
   page (soon to be Flax - watch this space). This includes the ability to
   reach out to Authors outside of Kotahi via a notification subsystem.
   4. *Aperture* instance, more traditional workflow; importing, triage,
   peer review, editing and publishing journal articles. System Reports have
   just been released to our test instance off the back of Aperture's
   requirement to have measurable oversight of workflow performance metrics.

The eLife instance is live, NCRC is in testing and the Aperture & CoLab
instances are in development. From next week onwards I’ll report on
features enhancements we're currently working on and how they are used
within the context of the workflows mentioned above.

In the meantime, here are some useful links to get you started;

   - NCRC user flow
   <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hRqjVz5ro8ktywTi6Vh6Jtl6tSToWDo1CXdTiCJ-OuA/>
overview
   - this presentation provides some good visuals for those who have not
   logged into Kotahi before. Just a note, this workflow focuses on capturing
   and publishing reviews and not an end-to-end flow as per Aperture's use
   case.
   - Kotahi Community website <https://kotahi.community/>.
   - Wax website <https://waxjs.net/> for more insight into the word
   processor used in Kotahi.
   - Kotahi Gitlab repo <https://gitlab.coko.foundation/kotahi/kotahi>for
   oversight of all code and project tasks.

Have a great weekend.

--
*Ryan*

Ryan Dix-Peek